Drinking water supply
The drinking water supply is the main part of our work:
- Some people walk many miles every day, just to get a few canisters of water, and carry them home
on foot or by donkey.
- We build wells and maintain them in places where many people do not have enough clean drinking
- A well costs about 2000-21.000 €
- We build water pipes to provide the families who live far away with water.
- the cost is about 200-250 €
- We transport water with tankers to the farthest places where neither well can be drilled nor
building water pipes is possible.
- 20 tons of water (the content of a tanker) cost 100 €
- That's enough for 100 people for 3 days
- 60 liters for every family (4-7 people) per day.
- In these projects as well, participation with one-time or smaller amounts is possible and
welcome on a pro rata basis.